Santa Rosa First Peoples Community Heritage Week
Santa Rosa First Peoples Community has a full line-up of activities for Heritage Week 2015 celebrations. In addition to a Conference on International First Peoples there are the following scheduled activities:
- Monday 12th October – 8am : Symposium on Restitution and Reparatory Justice at UTT, O’Meara Campus. Closes with a cultural performance.
- Tuesday 13th October – “Remembering the Ancestors” series of activities. 6:30am – River Ritual at Blanchiseusse Rd, Arima; 1-4pm Cultural Exhibition at Arima Velodrome.
- Wednesday 14th October – 6:30am: Smoke Ritual & Ceremonial Walk at the Hyarima Monument, Arima; 1-4pm Cultural Exhibition at Arima Velodrome; 6:30-9pm : Official Programme for the Day of Recognition/ First Peoples Community Awards & Cultural Show at Arima Velodrome
- Thursday 15th October – 9am-2pm: School Children’s Rally Activities at Arima Velodrome; 7pm: Cultural Performance, “Hatuey” the play at Central Bank Auditorium
- Friday 16th October – 10am: Street Parade and Cultural Exhibition in Port of Spain
Here is the downloadable schedule and some useful links to the Santa Rosa First Peoples Community’s website and Facebook page.
For more information on the week’s activities call: (868) 664-1897