Trinidad Theatre Workshop (TTW)
Trinidad Theatre Workshop (TTW) was founded in 1959 by St. Lucian, “adopted Trinidadian” Nobel Laureate, Derek Walcott along with his twin brother Roderick, and acclaimed performers like Beryl Mc Burnie, Errol Jones, Stanley Marshall, Fred Hope and Eunice Alleyne.
Currently headed by Albert Laveau, the TTW remains an important performance venue, as well as training ground for local thespian talent. The Workshop’s legacy spans five decades of theatre production; from local works, to adaptations of Shakespearean plays.
One can find a range of activities at TTW: plays, concerts, artists’ conversations, classes, art exhibits and more. The Workshop’s objective is to encourage expression of our Caribbean realities via performance. Located at 23 Jerningham Avenue, the TTW maintains a School for the Arts, a New Playwright’s Workshop, and studio productions of new work, while simultaneously working on original script development and theatrical innovations. Trinidad Theatre Workshop is rightly dubbed “The Flagship of the Theatre Movement in the Caribbean.”